Nutty roast sweet potato salad
- 2 (about 500g) orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 x 150g pkt baby spinach leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the sweet potato on the tray and spray with olive oil spray. Roast in oven for 40 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, spread the almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts over another baking tray, keeping the hazelnuts separate from the other nuts. Bake in oven for 6 minutes. Add the sunflower kernels and bake for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Step 3 - Place the hazelnuts in a clean tea towel and rub to remove the skins. Coarsely chop the hazelnuts, almonds and walnuts and place in a bowl with the sunflower kernels.
- Step 4 - Combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic and honey in a small screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Set aside for 15 minutes to develop the flavours. Discard the garlic.
- Step 5 - Combine the sweet potato and spinach in a large serving bowl. Drizzle over the dressing and toss until well combined. Sprinkle over the nut mix and serve with wholegrain bread.