- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 565g can lychees in syrup, drained
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked, coarsely chopped
- Step 1 - Place a 20cm x 30cm metal slicepan in the freezer to chill.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, place water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Set aside for 1 hour or until cooled completely.
- Step 3 - Place sugar mixture, lychees and mint in a blender and process until smooth and combined. Pour into prepared pan. Cover with foil and place in the freezer for 2 hours or until icy around the edges. Roughly break up mixture with a fork. Cover and place in freezer. Scrape mixture into coarse crystals with a fork every 30 minutes, for a further 2 hours or until firm.
- Step 4 - Divide granita among serving glasses.