- 200g unsalted butter
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup lightly packed (160g) dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (165ml) milk
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped glace ginger
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar, sifted
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line base of six 3/4-cup (185ml) mini loaf pans.
- Step 2 - Stir butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Cool for 10 minutes. Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl to combine, then stir into the cooled sugar mixture.
- Step 3 - Place fl our, ground ginger and a pinch of salt in a separate large bowl. Use a wooden spoon to beat in egg mixture and 1 tablespoon glace ginger.
- Step 4 - Divide batter among loaf pans, then bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool slightly in pans, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Step 5 - In a bowl, stir the icing sugar and 2 teaspoons lemon juice until smooth, adding a little more juice if needed.
- Step 6 - Drizzle the icing over cakes. Decorate with the remaining chopped ginger.