- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed, grated
- 50g pancetta, trimmed, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g pork and veal mince
- 75g All-Bran Original, plus 2 tablespoon extra for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 60g (1/4 cup) finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley or basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced. Spray a 7cm deep, 10 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf tin with olive oil.
- Step 2 - Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot, zucchini and pancetta, cook stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute more. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Step 3 - Place the onion mixture, mince, All-Bran Original, pine nuts, tomatoes, herbs, mustard and egg in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix ingredients until well combined.
- Step 4 - Spoon mixture into prepared tin, smooth surface with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle top with extra pine nuts.
- Step 5 - Cover with foil, bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and return to oven for a further 20 minutes or until firm to touch and juices run clear when tested with a skewer. Remove and set aside for 10 minutes, before removing from tin and cutting into thick slices.
- Step 6 - Serve topped with 1 tablespoon All-Bran Original, combined with extra chopped parsley or basil leaves.