Mediterranean hot dogs
- 4 (about 335g) good-quality lean beef sausages (Peppercorn Gourmet Meats brand)
- 70g (1/4 cup) low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large baguette (French breadstick), to serve
- 2 tablespoons bought reduced-fat hummus
- 8 baby cos leaves, washed, dried
- 45g (1/4 cup) drained semi-dried tomatoes, drained on paper towel
- Step 1 - Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium. Cook sausages on preheated grill, turning occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, lemon juice and mint in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 - Use a large serrated knife to cut the baguette crossways into 4 equal portions. Make a lengthways cut in the side of each baguette (do not cut all the way through). Spread the inside of each baguette with hummus. Divide the lettuce, sausages and semi-dried tomatoes among the baguettes. Top with yoghurt mixture and serve immediately.