Mango, scallop & prosciutto salad
- 20 (about 500g) scallops, roe attached
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 slices prosciutto, halved crossways
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ripe mangoes, cheeks removed, flesh cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh long red chillies, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- Step 1 - Place the scallops on a large plate and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the sugar. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the scallops, sugared-side down, and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the remaining sugar, turn and cook for 1-2 minutes or until caramelised and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2 - Add the prosciutto to the pan and cook for 1 minute each side or until crisp. Remove from heat.
- Step 3 - Combine the remaining sugar, oil and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Step 4 - Arrange the mango and onion on serving plates. Top with the scallops, chilli and prosciutto, and drizzle with the lime dressing. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve immediately.