Lemon creme meringues with passionfruit
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 x 150g ctns Vaalia Low Fat Lemon Creme Yoghurt
- 80ml (1/3 cup) light thickened cream
- 2-3 passionfruit, halved, pulp removed
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 150°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Draw four 8cm discs on each lined tray. Turn the paper ink-side down.
- Step 2 - Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites and cream of tartar in a bowl until firm peaks form. Add the sugar, 1 tablespoonful at a time, beating constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Step 3 - Divide mixture among discs and use the back of a spoon to smooth surfaces. Bake for 30 minutes or until pale golden and slightly crisp. Turn oven off. Leave meringues in the oven, with the door ajar, to cool completely.
- Step 4 - Place the yoghurt and cream in separate bowls. Use an electric beater to beat the cream until thick. Use a large metal spoon to fold the cream into the yoghurt.
- Step 5 - Divide half the meringue discs between 4 plates. Top with half the yoghurt mixture. Top with the remaining meringue discs and remaining yoghurt. Top with passionfruit pulp.