Lemon beans with baby carrots & wilted rocket
- 1kg green beans, topped
- 2 bunches baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 x 80g pkt baby rocket leaves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 - Cook the beans in a large frying pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the beans to a colander and refresh under cold running water.
- Step 2 - Add the carrots to the boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
- Step 3 - Melt the butter in the same pan over medium heat. Add the beans, carrots, lemon rind and lemon juice and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add the rocket and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until rocket wilts. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.