Lamb & spinach korma
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (about 1kg) lamb leg mini roast, fat trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 brown onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup korma curry paste (see related recipe)
- 1L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 70g (1/4 cup) Greek-style natural yoghurt
- Pappadums, to serve
- Steamed SunRice White Medium Grain Rice, to serve
- Tzatziki, to serve
- Step 1 - Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the lamb, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and lamb.
- Step 2 - Reduce heat to medium. Cook the onion, stirring, for 10 minutes or until soft but not coloured. Add the lamb and curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the stock and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Step 3 - Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours or until the lamb is tender. Stir in the spinach and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach just wilts. Remove from heat. Stir in the yoghurt until well combined.
- Step 4 - Divide the korma among serving bowls. Serve with pappadums, rice and tzatziki.