Lamb shank curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 large (about 2kg) lamb shanks, French trimmed
- 2 brown onions, halved, thickly sliced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) curry paste, thawed
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 750ml (3 cups) Campbell's Real Stock Beef
- 1/4 cup fresh curry leaves
- 1 x 200g ctn natural yoghurt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- Naan bread, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 160°C. Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over high heat. Add 2 lamb shanks and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat with remaining shanks.
- Step 2 - Heat remaining oil in the dish over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Return lamb shanks to the dish with the tomato, stock and curry leaves and bring to the boil. Transfer to oven and bake, covered, turning occasionally, for 2 hours or until the lamb is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 - Place yoghurt in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of lamb mixture and combine. Continue adding lamb mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring between additions, until yoghurt is warm. Add the yoghurt mixture to the lamb mixture and combine. Stir in the coriander.
- Step 4 - Divide the lamb shank curry among serving bowls. Serve immediately with naan.