Lamb, feta & mint stuffed vegetables
- 200g burghul
- 300g lean lamb mince
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthways
- 4 large tomatoes
- 6 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 75g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Step 1 - Place the burghul in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place the burghul in a fine sieve and use the back of a spoon to squeeze out any excess moisture. Return to the bowl.
- Step 2 - Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 6 minutes or until browned. Drain off any excess fat. Set aside to cool.
- Step 3 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Use a teaspoon to remove the flesh from the zucchini, leaving a 1cm-thick border around the edges. Discard the flesh. Use a small sharp knife to cut tops from tomatoes and discard. Use a teaspoon to remove the flesh from the tomatoes, leaving a 1cm-thick border around the edges. Reserve the flesh. Place the tomato and zucchini shells on the lined tray.
- Step 4 - Add the reserved tomato flesh, mince, shallot, feta, mint, lemon rind and cinnamon to the burghul and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5 - Spoon the burghul mixture evenly among the tomato and zucchini shells. Bake for 35 minutes or until the zucchini and tomato shells are tender and the stuffing is golden. Serve.