Lamb and cashew biryani
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 400g lamb mince
- 1/3 cup Indian mild curry paste
- 1 cup SunRice Basmati Rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 75g baby spinach
- 150g green beans, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 1/2 cup no-fat plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons small fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1 - Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 10 minutes or until light golden. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Step 2 - Add rice. Stir to coat in curry mixture. Add stock, cinnamon and sultanas. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until rice is just tender. Stir in spinach and beans. Cook for 2 minutes or until beans are tender. Serve biryani with yoghurt, nuts and topped with parsley.