- 250g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup laksa paste (see related recipe)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons grated palm or brown sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 20 green medium-king prawns, peeled, tails intact, deveined
- 6 squares fried bean curd puffs, thickly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Step 1 - Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2 - Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add laksa paste. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until aromatic and oil separates from paste. Add stock and sugar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add coconut milk and stir until hot.
- Step 3 - Add prawns to wok. Cook for 2 minutes or until prawns turn pink. Stir in bean curd puffs and onions.
- Step 4 - Divide noodles between serving bowls. Top with prawns and bean curd puffs. Ladle over remaining soup. Top with beansprouts, cucumber, mint and coriander. Serve.