Indian lamb cutlets with coriander and coconut rice
- 1 1/2 cups SunRice Basmati Rice, rinsed
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 2 long green chillies, deseeded, chopped
- 1 cup plain natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons Indian curry powder
- 12 (100g each) French trimmed lamb cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Step 1 - Place rice in a medium saucepan. Cover with 1 1/2 cups of cold water. Add a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, place coriander and chillies in a food processor. Process until coarsely chopped. Combine yoghurt and 2 tablespoons of coriander mixture in a small bowl. Combine remaining coriander mixture and coconut in a small bowl.
- Step 3 - Spoon curry powder over a plate. Press cutlets into powder to coat. Shake off excess. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 4 - Stir coconut mixture through rice. Serve chops with rice and a dollop of yoghurt mixture.