Indian cauliflower and chickpea curry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil>
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons medium-hot curry paste (such as rogan josh)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1/2 large cauliflower (about 500g), trimmed, cut into florets
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 200g frozen peas
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 4 tablespoons (1/3 cup) low-fat natural yoghurt
- Step 1 - Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in the tomatoes and stock, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Step 2 - Add cauliflower and chickpeas, simmer for 5 minutes. Add the peas and simmer for a further 3 minutes or until all the vegetables are just tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 - Stir the coriander into the yoghurt. Serve the curry on rice, topped with a spoonful of the coriander yoghurt.