Horseradish and cabbage mash
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 1 (about 650g) green cabbage, halved, hard core removed, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 125g butter
- 6 (about 1.25kg) Desiree potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 70g (1/4 cup) horseradish cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 - Place the water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Add the cabbage, caraway seeds and half the butter, and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until cabbage softens.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, cook potato in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Return to pan.
- Step 3 - Add remaining butter, horseradish and milk. Use a potato masher to mash until smooth. Add cabbage mixture and parsley and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to serve.