Green chicken with mango salsa
- 2 bunches coriander, stalks chopped, leaves picked
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, stalks chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 10cm piece (50g) ginger, roughly chopped
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 1 long green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- Whole chicken, jointed into 8 pieces (see notes)
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Step 1 - Whiz coriander stalks, parsley stalks garlic, ginger, sunflower oil, chilli, soy sauce, kaffir lime leaves and lime zest and juice in a food processor to a paste. Score the chicken pieces with a knife, then coat in the marinade. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Step 2 - For the mango salsa, place all the ingredients in a bowl. Season and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Step 3 - Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the chicken pieces on a baking tray and bake, turning once, for 35-40 minutes until cooked through.
- Step 4 - Serve the chicken with mango salsa and coriander leaves.