Greek rice pudding
- 1L (4 cups) light milk, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1/2 cup (110g) SunRice Arborio Risotto Rice
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rosewater (see Notes)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup low-joule strawberry jam, warmed
- Step 1 - Place milk and rice in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to just below boiling point. Reduce the heat to low and gently cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Step 2 - Add the sugar, vanilla extract and rosewater to the rice, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Mix cornflour with the extra 1 tablespoon milk to form a smooth paste, then add to the rice and stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Step 3 - Divide the rice pudding among bowls, then serve immediately, drizzled with warm strawberry jam.