Greek lemon chicken soup
- 3 medium lemons
- 2 litres salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup white long-grain rice
- 300g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, chopped
- 2 eggs
- Finely shredded fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Step 1 - Finely grate rind from 1 lemon. Juice lemon. Using a citrus zester, zest 1 lemon. Juice lemon. Juice remaining lemon.
- Step 2 - Bring stock and lemon rind to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add rice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until rice is just tender. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Step 3 - Remove from heat. Add lemon juice. Stir to combine. Lightly beat eggs in a heatproof jug. Add 1/2 cup hot stock mixture, whisking to combine. Slowly add egg mixture to stock mixture in a steady stream, stirring, until combined.
- Step 4 - Ladle into bowls. Serve topped with lemon zest and mint.