Goat's cheese wonton salad with blueberry dressing
- 250g blueberries
- 1cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 100g soft goat's cheese
- 16 wonton wrappers*
- Canola oil, to deep-fry
- 2 cups micro salad leaves* or wild rocket
- Shredded spring onion, to serve (optional)
- Step 1 - Place half the blueberries in a pan with ginger, sugar, half the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon water. Simmer for 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Push through a sieve and whisk in remaining lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Step 2 - Season and stir in remaining berries.
- Step 3 - Season cheese and place a teaspoonful in the centre of each wrapper. Brush edges with a little water, then bring up sides and seal to form parcels.
- Step 4 - Half-fill a deep-fryer or large heavy-based pan with oil and heat to 190°C (or test a cube of bread - it will turn golden in 30 seconds when oil is ready). Cook wontons until golden, then drain on paper towel. Serve on leaves and drizzle with dressing. Top with spring onion, if desired.