Ginger puddings with butterscotch sauce
- Melted butter, to grease
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- Double cream, to serve
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 25g unsalted butter
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush four 250ml (1-cup) capacity muffin pans with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Step 2 - Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and ginger in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and golden syrup. Beat until combined. Fold in the flour and milk, in batches, until combined. Divide among the prepared pans.
- Step 3 - Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until a metal skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside in the pans for 5 minutes to cool before turning onto serving plates.
- Step 4 - Meanwhile, to make the butterscotch sauce, combine the sugar, cream and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Step 5 - Pour the sauce over the puddings. Serve with double cream.