- 4 medium zucchini, grated
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 250g reduced-fat fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Azalea grapeseed oil
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 tablespoon frozen corn kernels
- 1 small red capsicum, halved lengthways, sliced
- Step 1 - Squeeze excess liquid from zucchini. Combine zucchini, flour, egg and basil in a bowl. Add ricotta. Mix until just combined (mixture will appear quite lumpy).
- Step 2 - Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into pan, spreading slightly with a spatula. Repeat to make 3 rounds. Press carrot into batter to resemble hair, corn for eyes and capsicum for a smile. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until browned underneath and top just set. Turn. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fritters are cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cool. Repeat with remaining batter, carrot, corn and capsicum. Serve.