Date, gorgonzola and prosciutto tart
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4-5 thin prosciutto slices
- 2/3 cup pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 100g gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup picked watercress leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced)* or 220°C (not fan-forced). Place pastry on a lined baking sheet. Fold in edges to form a 1cm border, then prick base with a fork and chill for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 - Brush with egg and bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cover pastry with another baking tray to flatten and bake for a further 5 minutes. Meanwhile, lay prosciutto on a baking tray and place in the oven for 5 minutes. Lay prosciutto over tart and scatter with dates and cheese. Return to oven for 3 minutes or until cheese just melts.
- Step 3 - To serve, scatter tart with watercress, drizzle over lemon juice and oil, and slice.