Curtis' Moroccan glazed vegetables with orange mint couscous
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Coles olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumins seeds
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced diagonally (2mm thick)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 bunch mint, roughly chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup light natural Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Step 1 - Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large non-stick frying pan, over high heat. Add eggplant and cook until golden brown, tossing a few times to colour all sides. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Step 2 - Return pan to medium heat and add remaining oil, coriander, cumin and onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add carrot and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, in a shallow dish mix cous cous and raisins. Combine orange juice and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil then pour evenly over cous cous. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and stir in half of the mint.
- Step 4 - Return eggplant to pan with onions and carrot, add stock and heat through. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until reduced slightly. Turn off heat, remove and stir in yoghurt until smooth. Fold in spinach.
- Step 5 - To serve, divide cous cous evenly among 4 plates and top with vegetables. Garnish with remaining mint and pine nuts.