Crisp Thai meatballs
- 250g packet fresh hokkien noodles, chopped into 5cm lengths (see tip)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, outer leaves removed, base finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 250g chicken mince
- 250g pork mince
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 cups peanut oil
- steamed or microwaved baby bok choy (see note) and sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine noodles, lemongrass, garlic, lime leaves, ginger, mince, fish sauce, soy and green onions in a bowl. Chop 1/4 cup coriander and add to mixture. Mix well.
- Step 2 - Preheat oven to 160°C. Using wet hands, roll heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Heat oil in a wok over mediumhigh heat. Cook meatballs, in batches, turning often, for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden. Reheat oil between batches. Using a slotted spoon, remove meatballs to an oven tray and keep warm in oven.
- Step 3 - Serve meatballs with remaining coriander, bok choy and sweet chilli.