Crepes with cinnamon oranges
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs
- 20g butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk
- Melted butter, extra, to grease
- 3 navel oranges, zested, juiced to make 3/4 cup (185ml) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar, extra
- 150g butter, extra, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 navel oranges, extra, peeled and segmented
- Step 1 - Place the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Combine the eggs, butter and milk in a jug. Gradually whisk egg mixture into the flour mixture until well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Step 2 - Heat a 20cm (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush with melted butter. Pour 1/4 cup (60ml) of batter into the pan and swirl to coat. Cook for 1-2 min or until lightly golden and just set. Use a spatula to turn and cook for a further 30 seconds or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat to make 8 crepes.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, place the orange juice, orange zest, extra sugar, chopped butter and cinnamon in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and simmer for 10 mins or until thickened slightly. Stir in orange segments.
- Step 4 - Fold crepes in half and divide among serving plates. Top with orange segments. Drizzle with orange syrup.