Cos, avocado and pine nut salad
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 baby cos lettuces, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Step 1 - Heat olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add nuts. Cook, stirring, until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Step 2 - Drizzle avocados with lemon juice.
- Step 3 - Arrange lettuce leaves on a large serving plate. Top with avocado. Combine extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar. Shake well. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve.