Coconut orange souffles with strawberry sauce
- 250g punnet strawberries, washed, hulled
- Olive oil spray, to grease
- Caster sugar, to dust
- 5 egg whites
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh orange juice
- Pure icing sugar, to dust
- Step 1 - Process the strawberries in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a small jug and set aside.
- Step 2 - Preheat oven to 170°C. Spray four 310ml (1 1/4-cup) capacity ovenproof soufflé dishes or ramekins with olive oil. Dust with caster sugar. Place prepared souffle dishes in a baking dish.
- Step 3 - Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and beat until firm peaks form. Add the orange rind and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Step 4 - Use a large metal spoon to fold in coconut and orange juice, in alternating batches, until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the dishes. Run your finger around the inside rim of each dish to remove any mixture.
- Step 5 - Add enough boiling water to the baking dish to reach halfway up the sides of the dishes. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Dust with icing sugar. Serve immediately with strawberry sauce.