Cinnamon poached blueberries
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 300g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 slices fruit bread, toasted
- Step 1: Place water, sugar and cinnamon into a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Step 2: Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil without stirring. Boil, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until syrup thickens slightly.
- Step 3: Reduce heat to low. Add blueberries. Cook for 3 minutes or until berries just start to soften.
- Step 4: Place toasted bread onto serving plates. Top with berries and syrup. Serve.