Chocolate, ricotta and hazelnut profiteroles
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 80g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 3 eggs, at room temperature, lightly whisked
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 50g dark chocolate, coarsely grated
- 75g (1/2 cup) dry-roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 200g NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Dark Choc Melts, melted
- Dry-roasted hazelnuts, halved, to serve
- Step 1 - Make profiteroles: Place the water and butter in a saucepan. Bring just to the boil. Remove from heat and use a wooden spoon to beat in flour until combined.
- Step 2 - Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture forms a ball and comes away from side of pan. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Step 3 - Gradually add egg, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition, until the dough is thick and glossy.
- Step 4 - Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place heaped dessertspoonfuls of dough, about 3cm apart, on trays.
- Step 5 - Use wet hands to pat down any peaks of dough. Sprinkle trays with water to create steam. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Step 6 - Turn off oven. Use a knife to pierce the base of each profiterole. Place profiteroles in oven for 20 minutes to dry out. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Step 7 - For the filling, stir the ricotta, grated chocolate, chopped hazelnut, icing sugar and orange rind in a large bowl until well combined. Use a small serrated knife to cut each profiterole in half. Divide the ricotta mixture among the profiterole bases and top with the remaining profiterole halves.
- Step 8 - Spoon the melted chocolate over the profiteroles and top with hazelnut halves. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the chocolate sets.