- 3 uncooked blue swimmer crabs (see notes)
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 spring onions, cut into batons
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbs Chinese rice wine (shaohsing) (see notes)
- 1 tbs each brown sugar and kecap manis (see notes)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Step 1 - Cut each crab into 6, using a cleaver, and make a few cracks in the shell of each piece using the blunt side of the knife.
- Step 2 - Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until it starts to smoke. Add onion, chilli, garlic, ginger and spring onion, then stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the crab and toss to combine.
- Step 3 - Add tomato, rice wine, sugar and kecap manis, then toss to combine. Cover and steam for 4 minutes or until crab is cooked.
- Step 4 - Serve immediately topped with kaffir lime leaf and coriander.