Chilli chicken skewers
- You will need 12 pre-soaked skewers
- 750g Lilydale chicken breast fillets, chopped
- 2/3 cup chilli jam (see note)
- 600g chat potatoes
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 avocado, peeled, diced
- baby spinach and lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1 - Thread chicken onto skewers. Place in a ceramic dish. Combine chilli jam and 1 tablespoon warm water. Pour over chicken. Turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Step 2 - Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until just soft. Drain. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Place in a single layer on a large baking tray. Using the palm of your hand, flatten potatoes slightly. Spray both sides with oil.
- Step 3 - Preheat barbecue plate on medium-high heat and grill on medium heat. Barbecue potatoes on barbecue plate for 5 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Grill skewers for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- Step 4 - Arrange avocado and spinach on plates. Top with skewers. Serve with crisp potatoes and lemon wedges.