Chicken, fennel and leek pies with swede and potato mash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 1 fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups Campbell's Real Stock Chicken
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- 2 sheets ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 swede, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled
- 20g butter
- Step 1 - Heat half the oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add one-third of the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in two more batches with remaining chicken.
- Step 2 - Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the fennel and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until leek softens. Add the chicken and sprinkle over the flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until well combined. Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Add the sour cream, mustard and tarragon and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220C. Cut the pastry sheets in half. Line four 1 1/4-cup capacity pie tins with the pastry, allowing the corners to overhang. Use a fork to prick the bases. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Step 4 - Place swede and potato in a large saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Return to the pan with the butter. Use a fork or potato masher to mash until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5 - Spoon the chicken mixture among pastry cases. Top with mashed swede. Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.