Chicken enchiladas with tomato salsa
- 1 Roast Chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 145g (1 3/4 cups) coarsely grated cheddar
- 6 flour tortillas
- 375g btl Old El Paso Thick & Chunky Medium Salsa
- Sour cream, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- 3 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine the chicken, capsicum, onion, shallot and 80g (1 cup) of the cheddar in a large bowl.
- Step 2 - Place 1 tortilla on a clean work surface. Top with one-eighth of the chicken mixture. Place 1 tablespoon of the salsa on top. Roll up to enclose filling. Place in an ovenproof dish. Repeat with salsa and the remaining tortillas and chicken mixture. Spoon over remaining salsa and sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheddar melts and filling is heated through.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, to make the tomato salsa, combine the tomato, onion and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Step 4 - Top the enchiladas with the tomato salsa, sour cream and coriander.