Chargrilled pork sausages with Thai-style salad
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 thick or 8 thin pork sausages
- 1 teaspoon grated palm sugar (see note) or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 100g baby Asian salad leaves
- 1 bunch Thai basil (see note), leaves picked
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint (see note), leaves picked
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Step 1 - Heat sunflower oil in a chargrill or frypan over medium heat. Cook sausages for 6-8 minutes, turning, until cooked through. Halve sausages lengthways. (Mark on the grill for a further 1 minute if desired).
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, shake sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, zest and juice in a screw-top jar, then toss dressing with leaves, herbs, spring onion and chilli. Serve the sausages on the salad and drizzle with chilli sauce.