Cajun prawns with avocado salad
- 1kg green banana prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley leaves
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning mix (MasterFoods brand)
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 200g pkt mesclun lettuce leaves
- 200g (1 punnet) grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, chopped
- 3 green shallots, trimmed, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Combine the prawns, parsley, Cajun seasoning and 2 tsp of the oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 - Cook the prawns on the preheated barbecue or chargrill for 2 minutes each side or until changed in colour and just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3 - To make the avocado salad, place the lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and green shallots in a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining oil and lemon juice, and gently toss to combine.
- Step 4 - Serve Cajun prawns with avocado salad and lemon wedges.