- 4 x 2cm-thick slices bought Madeira cake
- 4 scoops Connoisseur chocolate honey nougat ice-cream
- 2 egg whites
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- Step 1 - Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Use a round 7cm diameter pastry cutter to cut 1 disc from each slice of cake. Place the discs on the lined tray. Top each disc with a scoop of ice-cream. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Step 2 - Preheat oven to 220°C. Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until firm peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating well after each addition, until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Step 3 - Spread the ice-cream stacks with meringue. Bake for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.