- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 3/4 cup rendang curry paste (see related recipe)
- 1kg beef chuck steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 dried bay leaves
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Shredded coconut, toasted, to serve
- Step 1 - Place the coconut milk and curry paste in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the beef and bay leaves until combined.
- Step 2 - Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 hours or until the beef is tender and the sauce is thick.
- Step 3 - Divide the rice among serving bowls. Top with the rendang and sprinkle with shredded coconut.