- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 500g beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup beef stock
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- tomato salsa and sour cream, to serve
- Step 1 - Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add onions. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft. Increase heat to high. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, cumin and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Step 2 - Add stock and beans. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until beans heat through and mixture reduces and thickens slightly.
- Step 3 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray pan with oil. Place 1 tortilla in pan. Spoon a quarter of meat mixture over tortilla. Sprinkle with a quarter of cheese. Top with another tortilla. Spray top with oil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until base is golden. Place a plate over frying pan and turn out quesadilla. Slide quesadilla, uncooked side down, back into pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining tortillas, mince and cheese.
- Step 4 - Place quesadillas on plates. Cut into quarters. Top with salsa and cream. Serve.