Beef, beetroot and sweet potato salad
- 5 small (about 600g) beetroot bulbs, roots and stems trimmed
- 2 medium (about 400g each) orange sweet potato (kumara), thickly sliced
- 2 red onions, cut into thick rings
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 600g-piece beef fillet
- 130g (1/2 cup) reduced-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh mint
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Wrap each beetroot bulb in foil. Place the sweet potato, onion, garlic and oil in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Step 2 - Place the sweet-potato mixture and beetroot in a large roasting pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until beetroot is tender. Remove from oven. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Wearing rubber gloves to avoid staining your hands, peel beetroot and cut into 1cm-thick slices. Place in a large bowl.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill on high. Add beef and cook for 4 minutes each side or until brown. Place on a baking tray. Bake in oven for a further 10 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 4 - Place the yoghurt, lemon juice and mint in a small bowl and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5 - Cut the beef across the grain into thick slices. Arrange the beetroot, sweet-potato mixture and beef on serving plates. Drizzle with yoghurt dressing and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.