Beans with pancetta crumbs
- 100g sliced pancetta, chopped (see note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 350g green beans, topped
- 250g butter beans, topped
- Step 1 - Place pancetta into a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove to a bowl.
- Step 2 - Increase heat to medium-high. Add oil, garlic and breadcrumbs. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden. Add to pancetta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 - Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender (see shortcut). Drain. Place into a bowl. Add breadcrumb mixture. Gently toss to combine. Serve.