Beans with hummus dressing and pine nuts
- 500g Italian flat beans, topped
- 500g green beans, topped
- 55g (1/3 cup) toasted pine nuts (Ducks brand), to serve
- Sweet paprika, to serve
- 1 x 300g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 small garlic clove
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 - Half-fill a sink with cold water. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil . Add the flat beans and cook, uncovered, for 30 seconds (see microwave tip 1). Add the green beans and cook for a further 1 1/2 minutes or until the beans are bright green and tender crisp (see microwave tip 2).
- Step 2 - Use a metal sieve or a large slotted spoon to transfer the beans to a colander that is sitting over a bowl. Sit the colander in the sink of cold water for 1-2 minutes or until the vegetables are cool. Drain well and pat dry with paper towel.
- Step 3 - To make the hummus dressing, place the chickpeas and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Combine the oil and lemon juice in a jug. With the motor running, add the oil mixture to the chickpea mixture, in a thin steady stream, processing until well combined and almost smooth. Add the hot water and process until combined. Transfer to a jug. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4 - Spoon dressing over the beans and sprinkle with the pine nuts and paprika.