Banana, walnut and maple self-saucing puddings
- Melted butter, to grease
- 55g (1/2 cup) walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 100g (2/3 cup) self-raising flour
- 135g (1/2 cup) mashed ripe banana
- 50g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple-flavoured syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, extra
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple-flavoured syrup
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush four 250ml (1-cup) ovenproof ramekins with melted butter to grease. Place ramekins on a baking tray. Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking tray. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, place sugar in a medium bowl. Sift flour over top and stir to combine. Add banana, butter, egg and maple syrup to the dry ingredients, and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined and smooth.
- Step 3 - Add walnuts to banana mixture and stir to combine. Pour evenly into prepared ramekins and use back of a spoon to smooth surface.
- Step 4 - Combine extra sugar and cornflour in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over pudding batter. Combine water and maple syrup in a jug, pour over top.
- Step 5 - Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted halfway into centre of puddings comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving.