Banana, Lime and Pineapple Cheesecake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 x 250g pkt Arnott's Granita biscuits, coarsely broken
- 100g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 4 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 50g butter, extra
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 5mm-thick slices, quartered
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 160°C. Release base from a 23cm (base measurement) springform pan. Invert and line with non-stick baking paper. Secure base in pan, allowing paper to overhang. Brush side with melted butter. Line with non-stick baking paper.
- Step 2- Place biscuit in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until well combined. Transfer to prepared pan. Spread and press mixture firmly over the base. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Step 3 - Use an electric beater to beat cream cheese, caster sugar and lime rind in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana and lime juice, and beat until well combined. Pour over the biscuit base.
- Step 4 - Place pan on a baking tray. Bake for 1 hour or until just set in the centre and light golden. Turn oven off. Leave cake in oven, with the door slightly ajar, until cooled completely (this prevents it from cracking). Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to chill. Remove from the fridge 1 hour before serving to allow the cake to come to room temperature.
- Step 5 - Melt extra butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Add pineapple. Increase heat to high. Cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes or until syrup thickens. Arrange pineapple on cake. Pour over syrup.