- 2 small (about 1kg each) chickens
- 1 bunch coriander
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 to 2 long green chillies, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Green salad and lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1 - Cut chickens in half lengthways. Remove and discard back bones (you can ask a butcher to do this for you). Using a sharp knife, make a few cuts across each chicken. Place into a large glass or ceramic dish.
- Step 2 - Wash coriander leaves, stems and roots. Dry well. Roughly chop leaves, roots and stems. Place into a food processor with garlic and chillies. Process until finely chopped. Add oil and vinegar. Process until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken. Rub to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight if time permits.
- Step 3 - Remove chicken from fridge 20 minutes before cooking to bring back to room temperature. Preheat barbecue grill on high heat. Reduce heat to low. Place chicken, skin-side down, onto grill. Cover with barbecue hood or a large baking dish. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn. Cook, covered, for a further 12 to 15 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from heat. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve with salad and lime wedges.