Baked penne with roasted vegetables
- 2 Spanish onions, cut into wedges
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into wedges
- 250g punnet red cherry tomatoes
- 250g punnet yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 350g penne pasta
- 6 anchovies
- 6 (about 100g) thin slices prosciutto
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 200g bocconcini, cut into small chunks
- 4 tablespoons cream
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Step 2 - Place all the vegetables and the tomatoes on a large baking tray, sprinkle with the thyme and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss well to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Step 3 - Cook the penne in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions or until al dente.
- Step 4 - Place the anchovies, prosciutto, garlic and basil in a food processor. Add the remaining olive oil and process until a coarse paste.
- Step 5 - In a large saucepan, toss together the roasted vegetables and their cooking juices, the anchovy paste and the pasta. Stir in the bocconcini and cream, then pour into a large baking dish. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Step 6 - Serve the baked penne straight from the baking dish.