Bacon, cheese and zucchini muffins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 middle bacon rasher, trimmed
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Step 1:Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook for 5 minutes or until crisp. Cool. Roughly chop. Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Line a 12 hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Step 2:Squeeze excess liquid from zucchini. Sift flours and baking powder into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add oil, milk, and egg. Mix well. Fold in bacon, zucchini and cheese.
- Step 3:Spoon mixture between paper cases. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.