Asparagus, cherry tomato and ricotta frittata
- Olive oil spray
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 150g (1 cup) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 60ml (1/4 cup) skim milk
- 90g (1/3 cup) low-fat ricotta
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 150g Springs Hot Smoked Salmon with Chilli, skin removed, flaked
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- Mixed salad leaves (optional), to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray the base and side of a round 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper.
- Step 2 - Cook the asparagus and peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain.
- Step 3 - Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk and 2 tablespoons of the ricotta in a large bowl. Add the asparagus, peas, tomato, salmon and basil. Season with pepper and stir to combine.
- Step 4 - Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Crumble over remaining ricotta. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Step 5 - Cut into wedges and serve with mixed salad leaves, if desired.