Apple and blueberry jalousie
- 400g can pie apple, drained
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, halved
- 2 tablespoons almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Icing sugar mixture and whipped cream, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine apple, blueberries, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl.
- Step 2 - Place 2 pastry pieces 5cm apart on prepared tray. Sprinkle each with half the almond meal, allowing a 1.5cm border around edges. Divide apple mixture between pastry pieces.
- Step 3 - Roll out 1 remaining pastry piece until 1cm longer on all sides. Carefully fold in half lengthways. Using a small sharp knife, cut 6cm-long slits along folded edge, 1.5cm apart. Unfold pastry. Place over 1 pastry piece. Press edges to seal. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with half the remaining sugar. Repeat with remaining pastry piece, egg and remaining sugar.
- Step 4 - Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and puffed. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with cream.