Amaretto apples with white chocolate risotto
- 60g butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Royal Gala apples, unpeeled, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Amaretto liqueur
White chocolate risotto
- 1.25L (5 cups) milk
- 1 x 6cm cinnamon stick
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 40g butter, chopped
- 220g (1 cup) SunRice Arborio Risotto Rice
- 100g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- Step 1 - To make the white chocolate risotto, bring the milk, cinnamon and nutmeg just to the boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low and hold at a gentle simmer.
- Step 2 - Heat the butter in a medium heavy-based saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the grains appear slightly glassy.
- Step 3 - Reduce heat to medium-low. Add a ladleful (about 125ml/1/2 cup) of the simmering milk mixture to the rice and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the liquid is absorbed. Continue to add the milk mixture, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next ladleful, for 35 minutes or until the rice is tender yet firm to the bite and the risotto is creamy.
- Step 4 - Add chocolate and sugar and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until chocolate melts and the mixture is well combined.
- Step 5 - Meanwhile, melt butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the sugar. Add apple and half the Amaretto. Cook, turning once, for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the remaining Amaretto.
- Step 6 - Divide the risotto among serving bowls. Top with the apple slices and drizzle over the sauce to serve.